Guitar ensembles and orchestras
- In this group are allowed ensembles of at least 8 people, the average age of which does not exceed 26 years.
In order to register, each ensemble must complete an online registration form in which to attach:
– А downloadable link with the video recording made for the competition (suggested platforms: google drive, dropbox, wetransfer, one drive et.c.) Please do not send facebook or youtube links because of quality compression risk.
– Completed and signed GDPR declaration by all participants, merged in one file– HERE;
– Current photo of the ensemble;
– A declaration confirming the age of the participant, merged in one file – HERE.
- The competition program has a maximum duration of 10-12 minutes. Participants present a video recording, along with the application form with pieces in different musical styles (baroque, classical, romanticism, etc.)
- Guitar ensembles or orchestras may include singers or instrumentalists (flute, violin, harp, cello, double bass, percussion, etc.) for individual works, part of their competition program.
4. Video recording requirements:
-As proof that the video is made specially for this competition, the participant is obliged to pronounce his/her name, year of birth, as well as the program which will be presented.
– The recording should be uploaded as a downloadable link in the application form;
– Hands and face should be clearly visible throughout the recording;
– The whole competition program must be performed as in a normal competition (all pieces are shot in one video file, in one frame, without any additional video or audio editing);– Audio effect is not allowed;
– Suggested audio level: from -12 db to -6 db (peak -3 db/lowest point -18 db)
– Recommended place for recording: a concert hall with the necessary acoustic for gutar. In case of impossibility, a recording made at home is also allowed. Videos made in an outdoor environment will not be allowed.
– The camcorder is not allowed to stop during recording;
– The record that does not meet the required conditions will be returned to the participant, with a request to send in time a new record that meets all the rules.
- Recommendations for video recording can be seen here.
- IN THIS CATEGORY THERE IS NO PARTICIPATION FEE
- The criteria of the jury are: choice of repertoire (different eras and styles), artistic and technical difficulty, correctness of the musical text, interpretation, quality of tone, stage presence. The jury reserves the right not to award all announced prizes. The decisions of the jury are final and indisputable.
8. The results are officially announced in the online platform “zCore”, which will be posted on the festival website. Participants, as well as their friends or parents, are not allowed to request results from members of the jury before their official announcement by the organizers.
The first prize cannot be shared between two ensembles. Second or third place can be shared in this category, depending on the result:
90-100 points -First prize
80-89 points –Second prize
70-79 points- Third prize
9. Prize fund:
First prize: a composition written specially for the ensemble to a bulgarian composer+invitation to be played on the Pleven Guitar Fest 2021’s opening seremony (the invitation will cover hotel+food. The transport costs are not covered)
Second prize: digital diploma, note sheets in pdf version, participation in a virtual concert of the winners of the festival;
Third prize: digital diploma, note sheets in pdf version, participation in a virtual concert of the winners of the festival;
Special prize for best young ensemble
Every participant in this category will receive:
– diploma for participating in a digital version;
– voucher for 10 % discount on the fee for participation in Summer guitar academy which will be held in Pleven, Bulgaria in the end of July, 2021;
– voucher for 20 % discount on the fee for participation in online guitar academy which will be held in the end of June, 2021;
– voucher for 15 % discount on the fee for online guitar masterclass during Pleven Guitar Fest 2020;
– voucher for 15 % discount on the fee for all webinars during Pleven Guitar Fest 2020.